Friday, February 11, 2011

40w1d: Tomorrow!

Well, here we are. I was at the doctor's on Monday, he did a membrane sweep in hopes that it would get things started. There was some progress over the last few days, but I'm still pregnant, so I can't really say it worked per se :P

So I'm getting induced tomorrow. I know some people really don't like the idea of inductions, but I'm very sure that this is the right choice for me. I have been so anxious throughout this pregnancy, and when things have gone wrong for two of my sisters right at full term, this is a scary time. Being induced will put an end to the waiting and the uncertainty, and the idea of being under medical supervision right from the start of labour is very reassuring to me. Choosing this induction is my way of taking charge of things, just a little bit.

I'd like to say that I spent my last day of non-motherhood doing something necessary or meaningful or gloriously self-indulgent, but I am so tired and achy that I'm taking things pretty easy, chilling out on the couch and feeling my baby wiggling around. It's weird to think my pregnancy is almost over after all this time, and it's tremendously weird to be excited about gory, painful, embarrassing things happening to me. But I can't wait!

1 comment:

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

Betty, I hope everything is fine. I miss reading your journey.

I am pregnant too, finally have months of trying I can join the Pregnancy Club.

Now you are in the Mummy Club how are things :)!