Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Final update!

Wow, I can't believe so much time has passed since my last post! I'll just write this one quickly because my baby is napping...

Short version: everything went well and I had a girl!

Longer version: the induction was... somewhat difficult. It took a long time for things to get going, but I was having painful contractions from the start. The whole thing took 24 hours from start to finish. I was SO glad I got an epidural! I am also still glad I was induced -- I was more than ready for the pregnancy to be over. And I was so surprised to have a girl!

The first few weeks were horrible. I tried to breastfeed but had to stop because she was latching wrongly and the pain was unbearable. I was so anxious about her all the time, and never felt like I knew what I was doing. But eventually things got easier and we are much more confident with her now. She sleeps pretty well and is growing fast. She's developing new skills all the time and is lots of fun to play with.

I think this is probably going to be my last post for the time being. As you can see from the huge gap in updates, I don't have a lot of time these days, and this feels like a natural place to stop. I've enjoyed keeping this blog, but I think it has served its purpose.

Thanks to those of you who've read and commented!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your baby girl! I have been wondering how you were. :) I'm glad everything went well and you are settling in. Best wishes to you and your family -- I enjoyed being on this pregnancy journey together! Take care.